This electrical convector heater from the brand Oypla, can be used both as a free standing option, or mounted on a wall. That makes it pretty adaptable, and the plain white colour, makes it neutral for most rooms.
This electric convector fan typically sells for around £17-20, depending on where you make your purchase.
With average buyer ratings of 4.3 out of 5 stars, it gets a nice solid and reassuring buyer approval.
Important Features of the Oypla Convector Heater
- There are three heat settings on this heater 750, 1250 and 2,000 watts
- It has an adjustable thermostat so you can select the temperature
- Can be free standing or wall mounted
- Comes with a mesh safety guard
- Measures 80.6 x 62 x 14.2 cm
- The colour is white
- Weighs just under 3.8 Kg
- 2,000 watts of power (2 Kw heater)
- Comes with carry handles
- Comes with a standard UK 13 Amp Plug and is an earth fitting
How Much Does This Heater Cost to Run?
Please note, in the example below I have quoted average costs. It depends on which heat setting you use, and how much you pay your electricity supplier for a unit of energy. Here is a typical example though.
If you had this convector heater on the highest setting at 2,000 watts for one hour, you would use what is termed 2 Kilowatt Hours (KWH). That is 2 units of electric. If a unit cost you 14 pence which is the average cost, then running costs would be 28 pence an hour.
UK Video Review of the Oypla Electrical 2 KW Convector Heater
What The Buyers Think
Buyers rate this fan heater as a 4.3 out of 5 star product. Ideally I like to see products with at least a 4 star rating, so this Oypla ticks that box. Here is a breakdown and summary of the average ratings this Convector Heater actually gets. This is based on 5 stars being excellent and one star being poor.
The boxes above make it pretty obvious that overall this heater gets consistently good reviews. There are a few bad ones but as a general observation, they are overall very good.
Below we have included a few snippets from what the buyers actually said.
- I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and I'm considering buying another one. Excellent!
- Five stars because of the amount of heat it lets out,easy to move around the rooms
- This new model is smaller than the old type but still belts out as much heat. Because it's more compact, it saves space.
- Soon warmed up the lounge and saves some money by having a good thermostat.
- How on earth this company has managed to produce a quality product at this price I have no idea.
- This thing didn't even last half an hour from being delivered to being useless
- The cable length is short which, in real terms, means having a socket very close to where the heater is to be used.
- It stopped working after a year
Most buyers are happy and satisfied with their purchase. 7% are clearly not.
Summary of Buyer Reviews
Many buyers commented on just how useful the three heat settings were. Having these can save you some money in running costs, and also give you the right amount of heat, at the right time of the year.
The higher setting of 2,000 watts can be used for an initial blast to quickly heat the room. Then it can be turned down to one of the lower settings, to save you money on the electricity bill.
A lot of buyers also said the thermostat is really useful. When you set that to your selected temperature, then this heater will automatically switch on and off to maintain that temperature in the room. That is really useful and also helps save you money over time.
Our Verdict on the Oypla Convector Heater
With a 4.3 star rating and a price of around £17-20, this is a fan that appears to really popular with UK buyers. 83% of all UK buyers rated this convector heater at 4 stars or higher. In my opinion, that is always a very good sign.
The heater is small and compact so ideal for anyone with limited space. The fact that you can also wall mount this heater, will again help out anyone with limited floor space.
It will heat a room quickly. The three heat settings and the adjustable thermostat are very useful features. If you bought a timer, then I think that could also help, as you could set that up to turn the heater on and off.
It has a sleek modern and economical design that is very quiet. It will certainly help you get through the cold winter months in the UK.