Lloytron F2003WH Staywarm Upright Fan Heater UK Review
This is a 2,000 watt fan heater from the quality brand of Lloytron. It is British Standard BEAB Approved and that is always a sign of high quality. This is basically a European standard safety mark, and means it complies with all the electrical directives.
This is currently one of the the best selling fans online for two main reasons:
- The price is very competitive
- It does what it says it will do
This small heating fan has sold in its thousands for a very long time. It still makes sales every single day.
You can buy the Lloytron F2003WH as an upright fan only, or as an upright and flat bed. In simple terms either vertical, or as a horizontal or vertical use. In the image above it is shown as the vertical position. Just below we show it in the horizontal position.
Lloytron F2003WH Specification
- There are two heat settings on this. 1 Kilowatt or 2 Kilowatts
- It can either blow hot hair so acts as a heater. It can also blow cold air so can also be used as a fan in the summer time.
- It has a variable thermostat so you can select the temperature
- Comes with an automatic safety cut out.
- It also has an anti freeze protection feature
- The cable length is short though at 1.5 metres (4 feet)
- The heater has a carrying handle
- Measures 25 x 12 x 24 cm
- The colour is white
- Weighs 1.5 Kg
- 2,000 watts of power
How Buyers Rate the Lloytron F2003WH
Overall online buyers rate this fan heater with an average 76% buyer satisfaction. Considering it has sold so many, the rating is good, and has remained at that rate for quite a long time.
- 51% of all buyers gave this Lloytron model a full 5 star rating
- 14% of all buyers gave this model a bad rating.
The best way to summarise these reviews is that they are good enough without being great. This is a cheap fan that can quickly heat up a cold room.
For the price it is good value for money. It isn't an exceptional fan, but people overall seem happy enough with their purchase.
What Buyers Didn't Like
In our reviews we like to see exactly why buyers would leave a bad review. In particular we like to see if there are any common themes running through those bad reviews.
Having read all of them, we have summarised below why buyers gave this fan a bad review.
- A lot of the bad reviews are about the short 90 cm lead which means that you can not really move this fan heater around too much. The manufacturer recommends not using this with an extension lead, so movement is clearly limited
- The most worrying theme we found was that several buyers said this went on fire as the thermostat, and/or the safety shut off didn't work. A few buyers said it heated up, and in some cases the plug melted at the socket
- Quite a few of the poor reviews said that initially the fan worked fine for a few months and then started blowing only cold air.
All of the above reasons are a huge concern. We would recommend that if you decide to buy this model, to apply the following practice to this fan. When you first get this fan, then plug it in and keep a close eye on it. From time to time check the heater's plug
Plugs should not heat up on any appliance. If you find that is the case, then send it back to get it replaced.
What Buyers Did Like
If the above information has not put you off, then below we have listed what the good reviews had to say about this fan heater.
- The majority of satisfied buyers said that this fan was great value for money
- Those buyers who understood that this was a cheap fan said that it heated up a room really quickly in around 15 minutes
- Buyers did say that when using this for the first time there is a strong smell for about 30 seconds and that is normal for a new fan - please note if that smell doesn't go away, then turn it off and get it replaced
- Buyers said this fan is very light and for its size is powerful enough
Our Verdict on the Lloytron F2003WH Fan Heater
Hopefully you have enough information to make your own mind up about this affordable Lloytron fan. We believe this fan is a good enough choice for quickly heating up a room.
It looks like it is not designed to be used as a permanent type of fan heater, and we wouldn't recommend it for that purpose.
- The price is what attracts most people
- It gets a decent buyer rating without being exceptional
- This would be a good enough choice if you simply want to quickly heat up a room
- We don't think it is ideal for using for long periods of time
- It is useful that it can sit vertically or in a horizontal position