This is the Status Portable Fan Heater which has up to 2000 watts of heating power. The overall rating by buyers is not that good at 3.5 out of 5 stars. Despite that low rating, this one still sells pretty well. That is almost certainly down to it being one of the cheapest heating fans, currently available on the UK marketplace.
This heater fan typically sells for around £11-13, depending on where you make your purchase.
There is not really a great deal to this fan. It is about as basic a fan as you can buy.
Important Features of the Status Portable Fan Heater
- There are two heat settings on this. 1 Kilowatt or 2 Kilowatts
- It has an adjustable thermostat so you can select the temperature
- Comes with overheat protection
- It also has a safety tip over switch built into it
- A useful power light keeps you informed that the fan is switched on.
- The cable length is 130 cm long (About 51 inches)
- Measures 13 x 23 x 27 cm
- The colour is white
- Weighs just under 1 Kg
- 2,000 watts of power
- NOT suitable for wall mounting
- Comes with a standard UK 13 Amp Plug
What The Buyers Think
Buyers rate this fan heater as a 3.5 out of 5 star product. Ideally I like to see products with at least a 4 star rating. Here is a breakdown and summary of the average ratings this Status Portable Fan Heater actually gets. This is based on 5 stars being excellent and one star being poor.
The big concern here is that 1 in 4 people think this fan is rubbish. For me, that is worth noting and buyers should be aware. This one clearly sells on one thing only, the cheap price.
The best way to summarise these reviews is to say that this fan does a basic function. It will heat up a room pretty quickly. It should not be used for a long period of time though. It is also expensive to run so use sparingly.
Below we have included a few snippets from what the buyers actually said.
- Nice little heater, but a little noisy. Handy as a cheap and cheerful emergency heater or for where noise isn't a problem
- I was in two minds about it, but for a tenner I thought I would give it a go. It's actually really good, it's sturdy and gives off amazing heat.
- It has a nice length of cable, and the heater does have 2 settings for the heat, ours is used in our shed with great success
- A perfect size to put in a corner of a room, heats up very quickly small and medium sized room
- It does the trick and is the cheapest one I saw but it's a tad noisy
- Costs about 35 pence an hour to run
- Worked fine on low heat setting for a month then started sparking when turning it down to the lowest setting
- The heater was only required to warm a very small office and has been used minimally so this has worked out at extremely poor value.
So as you can see there are clearly mixed reviews from different buyers. When our researchers read through all of the reviews it became pretty clear. It is a very basic fan but there are a lot of complaints about it going faulty, and even sparks coming from it.
Our Verdict on the Status Portable Fan Heater
With a 3.5 star rating and a price of around £11-13, this is a fan that appears to be hit and miss. About half of the buyers gave it the full 5 star reviews, and a quarter of the buyers said it was useless. The remaining 25% were somewhere in between.
This is not marketed as a high end fan, and is relatively cheap. For short bursts to heat up a room it seems to do the job. I would read all of the reviews yourself, before considering buying this one.