Prolectrix EH0197 1200W Halogen Heater UK Review
Thanks for taking the time to read our UK review of the popular Prolectrix EH0197 1200W Halogen Heater. This is an infrared halogen heater and that type of heater is designed to aim heat at a particular spot, rather than trying to heat up an entire room.
Fan heaters are great for heating up rooms quickly, however, they are highly inefficient as they simply blow a lot of lot air around a room. While it is great to heat up a room, a lot of energy is wasted.
This type of heater is better suited for someone who wants to sit in a chair, and have the heat pointed directly at them. This particular Prolectrix model is a useful small heater, that sits on a sturdy base, making it safe from tipping over.
Should it get accidentally knocked over there is a built-in safety feature switch that knocks the heater off right away. As you can see from the image below, this heater looks really well, and is easy to store away when not required.
How Buyers Rate the Prolectrix EH0197 Heater
- Overall online buyers gave this dehumidifier an average buyer rating of 82%
- 60% of all buyers gave this model a full 5 star review
- 11% of all buyers gave this Prolectrix model a bad review
What Buyers Say About this Prolectrix EH0197
In this section we explain what real life online buyers had to say about this halogen heater. This information we find to be very useful, as these buyers have purchased the product, used it for some time, and then took the time to leave their thoughts in a review.
What Buyers Didn't Like
We have listed below, a summary of what buyers who left a bad review had to say and more importantly why they said what they said.
- Some buyers said they received a faulty product or that the product had been damaged in transit
- A few also said their product turned up with missing parts and had to be returned
- A few buyers said that the halogen bulbs didn't last very long
What Buyers Liked
We have listed below, a summary of what buyers who left a good review had to say and more importantly why they said what they said.
- Buyers considered this heater to be very good value for money
- Buyers said the heat out of this was very good as long as you were close enough to it
- Quite a few buyers said the heater just does what it is supposed to do
- Heats up really quickly
- A few buyers said this is a good choice for a small room
- You can buy replaceable tubes for this heater unlike many other halogen heaters on the market
- Buyers liked the fact that this had 3 halogen bars and you could pick how many you wanted to have on at any given time
- Buyers liked the fact that this heater was lightweight and small
Prolectrix Halogen Heater Specification
In this section we include the important technical details and the key features of this Prolectrix model.
- Measures 31 x 10 x 51.5 cm
- Uses up to 1,200 watts of power so low on the electricity
- Has 3 heat settings, 400 watts, 800 watts and 1,200 watts
- Oscillates at quite a wide angle
- Has a sturdy base
- Comes with a carrying handle
- Has a thermal cut out device and tip over switch
- Oscillating function
- 12 month guarantee
- It comes with a UK plug, and the lead is 102 cm (40")long
Our Verdict on the Prolectrix EH0197 1200W Halogen Heater
In this section having read all of the reviews that we could, make our own judgement and essentially summarise what buyers have been saying about this product.
- There is no doubt that this small heater is very good value for money.
- The majority of buyers say it throws out great heat and also has a really nice glow to it.
- It is light in weight and as it has a carry handle, it is really easy to move it from room to room
- Buyers like the fact that you can light up 1 bar, 2 bars or all three.
- It is a quiet heater so will not disturb your TV viewing
- Overall buyers rate this one highly
On the highest setting which is 1,200 watts, this heater will cost anything between 10-18 pence per hour to run. The exact amount you pay will depend on your electricity supplier
Prolectrix EH0197 FAQ
Just below we have tried to answer the most frequently asked questions for this particular product.
Q. What Replacement Bulbs do you need for the Prolectrix EH0197
A. If you need to buy replacement bulbs for this heater, then the right ones to look for are BB/HH205 units. Part number is EH1723PROSTK
One supplier is UP Global Sourcing tel 01619342240
Q. Does this Heater have programs or a timer?
A. The quick answer is no it doesn't. You can however buy timers really cheaply that plug into an electric socket, and then all you need to do is plug the heater into one of those.
Q. Is this heater safe to use around children and animals?
A. All heaters give out heat, and as such children and curious animals should not be left unsupervised when a heater is on. This is a halogen heater and it does emit heat, which is much hotter the closer that you get to it.
It does however have 2 important safety features:
- If knocked over, it has a tilt switch will turn the heater off
- It also has a safety feature that cuts off if the heater gets too warm (thermostatic control)
Finally this heater can get hot at the rear top of the heater. Even with all the safety features children should never be left unattended or unsupervised.
Q. Can this heater be used in a bathroom?
A. Absolutely not under any circumstances. Bathroom heaters are not common, and those that do exist have to meet very high regulations. This model is not suitable to be used anywhere that has water such as a bathroom or shower room